Saturday 27 October 2012

50th Anniversary - Jim Hardy


50th Wedding Anniversary Jim Hardy

Enid and John were Bridesmaid and Best Man at my wedding over fifty years ago. Unfortunately my love, Eileen, passed on about six years ago.

I come from a family half the size of the O’Rourke family. I had five sisters and one brother. My brother died very young and my sister May died in her late twenties. The other four are all here tonight, Agnes, Monica, Enid and Claire, helping to celebrate this occasion. I think they take after our mother who lived to the ripe old age of 90. Our father died in his early fifties and I am the only male member of the Hardy clan to live beyond their fifties. So I am very glad to be here tonight.

My four sisters between them had twenty-four children of which Enid contributed more than half with 13. I must congratulate Enid and John on their large family, the way they have educated them. They all have good jobs and lovely families. Enid and John, you did a great job. Congratulations on your family and your long life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment